Thursday, February 28, 2008

Fisher Price for Insomnia















This little thing right here? I love it muy mucho. It lights up and makes bubble noises and plays Pachabel's Canon in D. Which, for the record, happens to be one of my most favorite classical pieces- Ever. And as a visual bonus, the little fishy moves back and forth...back and forth. It really is quite soothing. Whenever I go in the bedroom I turn it on. It lulls me to sleep every time. And Baby Girl is rather fascinated by it as well. It's a two-fer.

(Is it me or does she look as if she is wearing an Elvis toupee in this picture?)














And guess what?

I've run the batteries down in two days. Blast them darn batteries.

How will I ever sleep tonight?

3 comments:

Jes said...

We have a little bit different version of that in our daughter's crib. she's 19 months old now, and it's still the thing she falls asleep to. It's great. We lay her in there, give her "bob" (the binky) and turn that thing on, and we hear nothing else from her.
If she wakes up in the night, or when she wakes up in the morning, I hear it turn on and it eases her back to sleep, or slowly wakes her up happily in the mornings. It's absolutely GREAT!
Like you though, we run down the batteries way too fast. and it takes 3, which really annoys me because batteries come in 4 packs. I think things should HAVE to take even number of batteries. :)

mindi said...

Ooooh, great idea. We have something similar but since we didn't put the crib up for a long time, I forgot about it.
I'll have to drag it back out and try it at bedtime!!

Shelly said...

How's she sleeping in the crib? I still love Canon in D but I get flashbacks on our wedding now!
BTW, I'm pretty sure that my 4 month old nephew that we are hanging out with now is probably as big as Baby Girl! He's a big boy but a cutie! Oh, and we are only a stone's throw away from Canada! I will send you pictures as soon as I can!