Friday, February 01, 2008

Something For You to Chew On Over the Weekend

I've mentioned before how much I like Voddie Baucham. His message is clear, concise and convicting. As a matter of fact, the single most convicting message I heard last year came from him. It still convicts me.

I found a similar version of the same sermon by him today and wanted to share if with you. Just a warning though ~ you're not going to like some of the things he says. As a matter of fact, some of you might get down right mad.

And that's okay. As Voddie Baucham says, "if you can't say amen, then you can say ouch".

So, go here. Then scroll down until you see Voddie Baucham - Closing the Generation Gap and click on it.

Listen intently.

Learn something.

Come back and tell me what you think.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

I noticed no one posted on here so don't know if there's a reason for it but just wanted to say I enjoyed it. I have to admit I was at one time one of those who though couples having more than 4 kids were just nuts (to me, 4 was plenty enough). But now I (and Jedi) say the more the merrier!
BTW, since I can't seem to be allowed to post comments on Monk's blog (work internet issues I think) I just wanted to say regarding the snooty-nose-in-the-air, welcome to the Southlake/Colleyville area (if that's the one you were at). I see it here all the time! But glad to see the girls made such an impression on the people there!

Michelle said...

Shelly,
Actually a friend of mine tried to post a comment, but it wouldn't go through. I've heard several people tell me this (not just on this post). It was a good message,eh? The modern church just has it SO wrong.

As far as Central Market goes, we were not in Southlake. We were in FW, which is closer to us. We were mortified by how it was so child UNfriendly. Talk about feeling out of place...yikes.