Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine-ish Stuff Amongst Other Things















Are these just not the cutest things you've ever seen? MadGirl wanted some special treats for a few friends of hers and this is what we did.

We made a batch of Rice Krispy Treats using strawberry marshmallows. Neat-o, huh? I then pressed them flat into a jelly roll pan and used a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut them out. A little more effort than usual, but they turned out very cute. You really can't tell from the photo, but they are a lovely shade of pink.
















Yea, we kinda like'em so we think we'll just have to keep'em.
















Only the best Valentine's Day gift ever. Not one, not two, but three bags of my favorite chocolates. One from each of my little ladies.

For those that know me...if my behind starts becoming unusually large over the next few weeks...rest assured, you will know why.


~And now for the Other Things ~

This week has not been a good week for me in the kitchen. I burned chicken breasts on the grill last Friday night. Tuesday night I burned a batch of Banana Chocolate Chip muffins. And today? Today I managed to burn toast. Not just a little either. Blackened to the point that the toaster was smoking like a chimney and I set off the smoke alarm. Y'all, I just don't burn things. And to burn three things in one week?

I am so ashamed.









One step before charcoal









Mmm...ewwww...









Tasty!














This little box? It made us very happy this week. Sigh....
It will make our lonely bank account very happy next week. Sigh...
Who says big families are bad? Sigh...

And last, but not least...the last installment of my reasons for Hating the Television will be coming on Monday. I have a very fun, relaxing weekend planned where I can sit and think about the last post long and hard.

So once again, be prepared to be challenged in your cultural thinking. Put on your arguing shoes if you need to...

This one's gonna hurt.

4 comments:

mindi said...

How wonderful to make treats like those! Someday, when time becomes my friend . . .

Totallyscrappy said...

Hey, you didn't burn those lovely strawberry marshmallow treats. And you won't be burning any of that chocolate!

Jedi Miller said...

ooooo I can't beleive yuo used a competitor for your taxes. I sure hope pete does see this...

btw if the turbo tax doesn't work for you Jackson hewitt will credit you the cost of the software if you use them, must have receipt, void prohitibed where not applicable sorry Hawaii and Alaska...

Michelle said...

Scrappy,
You're right, I didn't burn them, but what I didn't mention was that after I melted the butter, instead of putting in the marshmallows, I poured in the Rice Krispies. It was an ugly scene and I'm choosing to block it from my memory.

Jed,
I have used "the competitor" for years. Long before our Jackson Hewitt friend was around - so I have no guilt. Also, my refund is due to arrive Friday. Oh yea!!