Friday, September 07, 2007

The Ills of Unorganization Undone..Almost

I so wish this was me

I make no bones about it. I'm unorganized. Highly...unorganized. As a matter of fact, I probably fall into a category all my own when it comes to unorganization. What's so weird about it is that I LOVE all things homemakerish. You know, cooking, baking, sewing, crafts...you name it and I love it. I just can't get the organization thing down. Am I lacking some important gene requiring organization? I didn't take Home Economics in high school and I'm wondering if that's the problem. You know, like I missed the memo or something. I've read all the books my highly organized sister has sent me. I've watched HGTV and Mission:Organization until I could...well, you know. So, now comes the time to see what I'm made of.


I've decided that I'm going to make a concise effort to become more organized in my life. Just as soon as I find my planner. Relax, I'm just kidding. I don't own a planner because frankly, I either 1. wouldn't use it or b. I would lose it. Ha! Use it or lose it! Okay, now I digress due to lack of sleep. So, I've been trying to come up with some catchy phrase to put on my blog to help me stay accountable. You know, like all those others out there: Make a Mocha Monday (I hope you know I'm exaggerating and there is no such thing as Make a Mocha Monday, unless of course, I start it which actually sounds pretty good!). Yikes! I digress again. Someone, give me a pillow, STAT! Anyways, there are no days of the week that start with "O", so it can't be a day of the week catchy kinda thing. Believe it or not, in my sleep-deprived-weepy-insano-mommy-mode, I think I've come up with a winner. Are you ready? Drum roll, puhleeeze...............................


OPERATION ORGANIZATION!

Uh-huh? Uh-huh? Can I get an "OH YEAH!" I'm doin' the happy dance now! Pretty catchy don't ya think? So, just as soon as I can figure out some techno-geeky sorta header, I will officially start my 12-step program to organization! Yeah!!

Hello. My name is Michelle. I'm unorganized.

7 comments:

Sadie said...

Oh, Michelle! This cracked me up because I too love all things home-maker-ish but, am not the most organized person on the planet. Although, apparently I fool a lot of people. My hats off to you with operation organization!

Michelle said...

Mrs. E,
I have to admit, I would have taken you for one those uber-organized kinda people. Like the picture I posted! Amazing what a few blog posts will make people think, huh?
Hopefully, no one will think I live like swine or anything! lol! Now that I've confessed publicly, I will have to post pictures and then in turn will get my hiney moving!

Beth @ The Natural Mommy said...

I tagged you in my Messy Desk Meme!

(Perhaps not the best post to leave this comment on... )

mindi said...

Hi, I'm not sure how I found your blog but I like it!
I'm another crafty type who would love to be disorganized. Hey, maybe we should start a club :)

Anonymous said...

Michelle, if you're not averse to looking at another book, you might try "Organization from the Inside Out" by Julie Morgenstern. I'm reading it and find it unlike any other "organization" book I've ever read. It was like turning on a light, to recognize that I've been "in transition" (one of the author's designations) ever since my husband's early "retirement" and subsequent start-up of an at-home business. The author helps you to first know where you are, so that you know how to move ahead and out of chaos. Desert Lady

Michelle said...

Beth,
I cracked up when I saw this! How appropriate! Maybe my desk should be the FIRST things I organize. I think I'll do a before and after picture! LOL!

Mindi,
Glad you found me. The club thing sounds good. You know, Unorganized Anonymous, how's that?

DL,
Thanks for the recommendation, I will most certainly check my local library. I would buy it, but trust me, I have enough books to organize and dust! :)

Elizabeth said...

that picture scares me! some people obviously have way too much time on their hands to color-code their pantry shelves. sheesh!