Monday, August 20, 2007

Score One for MadMomma!

In my attempt to master all things frugal, I like to frequent The Goodwill. Many good deals have I come upon and readily indulged, however, I have never posted about them. To post about all things frugal (especially one's finds) seems to be a going trend in blogdom and doggone I'm gonna start sharing my frugal finds just like everybody else. What can I say? I'm a sheep. Baaah.

So today was half-price day at The Goodwill. I didn't go to one half price day the whole time I was expecting Hope. Needless to say, I was having some major withdrawal. So I loaded the baby into the sling and off we went. I only had about 30 minutes because I had to be somewhere else, so I was power shopping to say the least.

I try not to go into my shopping adventures blindly. Usually I have an idea of what I'm needing or looking for and I look for those things first and foremost. However, if I find a good deal on something I don't necessarily need then I will allow myself to indulge ~ especially if it's half-price!! Today I had a mission.

I had bought a diaper bag for Hope before she was born. Me, being the over-prepared person I am, bought a diaper bag big enough in which to fit a small third world country. What can I say? I was a little zealous. I have since discovered that this "luggage" I purchased was not conducive to travel. Especially when one has to run around as much as I do sometimes. This was my quest for today. To perhaps find something that was cloth, pretty and not diaper baggish. A quilted, cloth bag would have really been a plus! Personally, I don't like cutesy diaper bags. I like functional bags that can double as a purse if need be and that The Mad Monk would not be mortified to carry when needed. He tells me he is secure enough in his manhood to carry even a Precious Moments diaper bag, but I reassured him I would never do that to him. Alas, I digress once again.

Anyway, I meandered around finding a nice, large basket which I will paint white that will hold Hope's blankets and burp cloths, four absolutely beautiful Christmas mugs, a denim Old Navy dress for Liver Pie and.....drum roll puhleeeeeeze........a brand new, cloth, quilted, beautiful backpack style bag!!! It was from the Hallmark store with the tags still attached! Woo-hoo! Major score for MadMomma! Happy dance time! The best part was that it cost me a whole $1.50!! Now The Mad Monk is happy dancin'!

Without further adieu...here is my brand new beautiful diaper bag.



This is the front. Cute, huh?


Here is the back. I'm lovin' it!

By the way, my whole bill today for all that I mentioned above came to $6.73. Ahhh...the joys of frugality.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Sadie said...

That's got to be one of the nicest diaper bag's I've ever seen! Nice find.

Michelle said...

Thank-you. I just love it! Funny thing is when I showed it to my sister she told me she had been given something similar and didn't like it so I could have it. It was the same diaper bag-backpack-purse-thingy, but with a lavender/floral motif!! I'm going to post it in the next day or two.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great finds.

I love the quilted fabric bags because you can toss them in the laundry when necessary.

Michelle said...

Meredith,

Yep, I agree. That was just one more "plus" in having found this! I love all things washable!