Saturday, August 11, 2007

Birthday Tidings

Tomorrow, August 12th will be The Mad Monk's birthday. What did I give him for his birthday? My mother coming for a two week stay! Ha! Actually, we gave him some new clothes. This post isn't about what we gave him though. It's about what he gives us.

He has always been a wonderful, gentle man. From the time we met, he has loved me more than I could ever imagine. He would shock me with his acts of love and kindness towards me. It was something I had never witnessed growing up. Then, when I didn't think he could surprise me anymore, we had children. You have never seen a man love his children more than The Mad Monk. He lights up when they come in the room. He truly has daddy's little girls. He is gentle and patient and always ready to sip imaginary tea from a tea cup much too small for his fingers.

As I recently blogged about in Hope's Birth Story, I didn't think I could love him anymore than I already did. Yet God in his goodness allowed me an even deeper love for him. I can honestly say there is no person on this earth that I would rather be with than him. Even if it's just a shopping trip to Sam's, I love his company. I could sit and listen to his dumb jokes for a lifetime. I truly have my best friend as my husband and for that I am thankful. I don't thank God enough for the gift he has given me in my husband. And I don't thank my husband enough for being such a wonderful, godly man.

He has to fly to Phoenix next week for the whole week. I will be lost without him lying beside me at night. I will miss his crackpot jokes during the day. I will especially miss him playing with his girls and loving on his new baby. But I will know that he is thinking about us, missing us and loving us and much as we do him.

Happy Birthday Monk! I love you!

1 comment:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

That is a very precious post! i hope he enjoyed his birthday! nice to meet you!