Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Just Like Her Daddy

The other day, much to my own detriment, I introduced Liver Pie to The Three Stooges via You Tube. Monk has always loved The Stooges and during a conversation with Sis and Liv, I mentioned this. They had only seen the old cartoon version of them on a Scooby Doo episode and didn't realize they were real people.

I found a little clip of them on You Tube and let the girls watch. Sis tired easily with them and left to do something else. Not Liv. I heard profuse giggling as she watched smoke come out of Curly's ears as he spun on his seat. And she especially got tickled as he got squirted in the face by an oyster in his soup.

She was still. She was quiet (except for the giggling). She was hooked. She asked to watch it a few more times and that was it. She hasn't mentioned them since.

Until tonight.

As I was washing her hair in the bathtub this evening, she asks me this (in her little stuffy nose voice, no less):

Liv: Mommy?

Me: Yes?

Liv: For my next birthday, when I turn six...

Me: (nodding and lathering)

Liv: Can I have the real Three Stooges video?

Not baby dolls or Barbies y'all, but The Three Stooges.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

The girl is just like her daddy.

Nyuck, nyuck, nyuck.

No comments: