To get the New Year off to a tremendous start, I thought I would post my list of accomplishments for the day:
1. Slept in the recliner with the baby until 10:30 am
2. Did not get up from the recliner until 2:00 pm (that is some serious bladder control, my friends)
3. Ate Rice Krispie Treats for breakfast, at noon, with a Coca Cola chaser. We didn't have any Ding Dongs.
4. Watched not one, but TWO complete seasons of Reba. Oh that Barbara Jean makes me laugh so!
5. Ate Buffalo Garlic hot wings for lunch. Oh, and Honey Mustard ones too.
6. Didn't take a shower until 6:00 pm. I hadn't had one since last year!! (Wink! Wink! Oh, I do crack myself up sometimes)
7. Slathered my dry, cracked face with a vat of olive oil in some vain attempt to restore moisture to its old, wrinkly skin. But I'm not bitter.
8. Wiped Hope's snotty nose 1 or 357 times. With her pajama top. While she was wearing it.
9. Took all the ornaments off of the Christmas tree so Monk could remove it from my presence for the next 11 1/2 months. See, I was productive.
10. Made this list for you fine people.
I haven't actually thought of any resolutions yet. Obviously. Unless of course you count slouching around your house all day in your CLOTHES FROM YESTERDAY, watching old t.v. series reruns and eating junk food as resolutions.
If so, then I'm golden.
By the way, I have some very exciting news to share....but I'm afraid it'll have to wait until Monday. But because I'm such a giving person and I don't want y'all gettin' all up in my Kool-Aid about leavin' you hangin' again, then I'll give you a hint.
(And no, I am NOT pregnant again so don't any of you little sassy mouth friends or relatives of mine (you KNOW who you are) be leaving any smart remarks on my blog)
(Can one use parenthesis inside of parenthesis??? Did I just commit some sort of Grammatical Anathema by doing so??)
Anyway...here's the hint:
When they build it, it will come.
Teeheehee....I just love being all mysterious and vague. Makes me feel all Marlene Dietrich-ish.