Monday, September 01, 2008

I Think My Funnybone Is Broken

Or maybe just sick.

Have you ever been in that funk? Where you couldn't produce something funny if your life depended on it?

I'm there.

I laugh. I say witty things to my husband and children. Yet, I get on my blog, with lots of great ideas, and just stare at the blinking cursor. Duuuuh.... Not that I have to be funny. I don't. I just like looking at things from a humorous perspective. And now I'm not able to.

My superpower is gone.

It's not as if I don't have funny things to write about. I have a husband of whom some would consider certifiable , I have 5 children (can we say Liv + handcuffs = blog fodder?), 2 cats, 2 dogs (one of which is like having a 6 foot, 200lb toddler with ADHD) and yet....nothing.

This is a matter of great concern to me.

It may require the consumption of great quantities of chocolate. And perhaps a tall Chai Tea Frappucino. Or two.

And now, a poem. By me.

Funny bone, funny bone, wherever you are,
Where have you gone? I hope it's not far.

The blogs running dry And I'm running amok,
Telling dull tales, filled with general bad luck.

Come back to me friend, Come back to me soon,
I'm writing bad poetry, Which is most certain my doom.

And so is the end, of my ominous, sad rhyme,
If you're still reading... then you must be pretty hard up.

See. Wha'd I tell ya? It's broke.

3 comments:

Rebecca (Becky) said...

So if I enjoyed your "broken funny bone" blog, what does that say about me?

I'll tell you... it means I'm happy to be reading anything that doesn't contain the words Gustav, New Orleans, hurricane, storm surge or rain!

Rebecca (Becky) said...

AND... more importantly, that I love the blogger despite broken parts!

Unknown said...

Go back to Yoga!