1. She arrived safe and sound Wednesday morning. I managed to have all the girls dressed, myself dressed and all of our hair perfectly coiffed before arriving at the airport ON TIME! I KNOW!!
2. After a lovely breakfast at Cracker Barrel we came back to our house where my sis ooohed and ahhhed over my new floors and paint.
3. The girls talked her into playing Wii bowling and tennis. I think she laughed and screamed as much as they did. I had to keep warning her not to work so hard at the tennis or she would be sore the next day. She has an extremely lethal backhand. Just ask Harley.
4. I made a boatload of guacamole and homemade pizza and we pigged out.
5. My Boy came over and he, my sis and myself all loaded up and went to...yeehaw...the Wal-Mart. I had to buy a few things for Grace's B-day cake that I could only get there. T. was becoming VERY tired at this point.
6. We trudged on and went to TARGET! It was SO much nicer than Wal-Mart. We bought a few things there and then headed home.
7. T. and I ate a second round of pizza and then topped it off with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce. I told you we like to eat. T. was exhausted and decided to sleep on the couch in our family room.
8. The next morning I get up to find out that Fat Otis had driven her crazy half the night, bugging her and knocking over her water. AND!! She THREW UP TWICE AND THOUGHT SHE HAD THE FLU!! Oh YES! My sister flew all the way from Michigan to get the flu and throw up in my toilet. We are a hospitable bunch, let me tell you.
9. I make her a fresh bed in the girl's room, give her a Zofran (anti nausea medicine) and send her in there with a bucket and her Hot Flash Fan. I block off the hallway and ban the girls from that part of the house.
10. I proceed to the dentist for a filling. I got the nitrous oxide this time. I was like, "what filling?". I like happy gas. 'Nuf said. This deserves a blog post all it's own and will post it next week.
11. Found out my wisdom teeth DO need to come out. The dentist said, "you will need i.v. sedation for that." I said, "YA THINK?"!
12. Came home and my
13. I happy danced that I wouldn't be cleaning up puke for the next week!
14. Found out my sister was VERY sore from playing Wii tennis. I tried to tell her.
15. We went to Lowe's a proceeded to buy a veritable wonderland of beautiful flowers and plants and such for my front porch and a portion of my yard. Then find out that this crazy Texas weather is taking another cold spell on Saturday! Make up your mind all ready!
16. Came home, unloaded, got ready and Monk and I took T. out to a really nice restaurant where we ate salad and steak (medium rare, of course) and had real live adult conversation.
17. Came home AGAIN and totally vegged because we were both too pooped to do anything else.
I know it's weird to end on #17, but frankly I'm too tired to muster up three more highlights. Today and tomorrow are going to be crazy busy, but I really hope to take some pictures and interview T. She's gonna be in Super Fast Mode, so who knows if I can pin her down.
And guess what else?
I'm too tired from all the laughing, talking, eating, and worrying about puking to find anything else intelligible to say. Y'all are just gonna have to trust me when I say...
I'm having a good time.