But I have been busy.
I call it my pre-nesting. But mostly I just figure it's God's grace to me since my little Corn Nut is due somewhere right smack dab in the middle of Thanksgiving and Christmas. How's that for a happy holiday?!
I'm wanting a Thanksgiving Day baby, personally. How great would that be? Talk about thankful! I would just want to go into labor before the meal, of course. Could you imagine eating all that food and then going into labor??? OY! I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that one!!
Wow! Where did all that come from?!
Anyway, these are some of the things I've done in the last 7 days:
- Sent 7 boxes to Goodwill (much, much more to go. No hostages here.)
- Cleaned out freezer in the kitchen fridge.
- Cleaned out ALL unhealthy products from the master bath. I am purging us of our parabens and phthalates, yall.
- Cleaned off my nightstand. (You're probably saying "big whoop" to this one, but let me tell you, it was not pretty. I found 22 ponytail holders and 12 hair clips. Yes, I have a hair problem.)
- Cleaned out two kitchen cabinets and purged us of a lot of unhealthy plastics and unnecessary kitchen gadgets.
And just in case you don't believe me, here's a picture to prove it.
The contents on top of the nightstand include:
- alarm clock (yeah, right)
- land phone (because we lose our power sometimes)
- pretty flowers (compliments of Goodwill)
- Voddie Baucham book, pregnancy journal and something else that escapes me.
- Burt's Bees Apricot Oil, Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm and stretch mark cream. Because if my stretch marks get much worse Rand McNally will be consulting with me. And before long I'll be lifting my shirt to give people directions to Dallas.
- my lamp
I also purchased this wreath at Costco. I love it very much, but it is causing me great distress over just where I want to hang it.
And lastly, just for your viewing pleasure, here are the stupid things I do while laying in my bed after my sweet little Hope has gone to sleep. I like to call this series, Overly Tired Woman With a Camera.
My personal favorite is the last one. I like to call it my Whatchoo Talkin' 'Bout Willis.
And there you have it interpeeples. It ain't pretty, but it's all I got.
Anyone else been busy lately?