Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Day 8 ~ Not the Best Day Consider the Whole Fat Lip, Fever and Vomiting Thing.

Today has not been a great day.

For some reason I'm just mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually exhausted. I've struggled all day long and fought some MAJOR sugar cravings. I didn't eat any sugar, but the cravings were still there. I think a large part of it stems from the fact that I'm exhausted from not getting sound sleep. Monk's phone went off in the middle of the night last night TWICE. When you add Hope's screeching, grunting and general murmurings in the night it just makes for a very tired momma.

I was going to cover some pretty unusual, and almost humorous, observations I have made over the last few days concerning the cleanse, but the day has been long, non productive and a little stressful so I think I'm just going to wait and share those later.

However, I will quickly cover the other exciting, but not necessarily good, things that have happened today.

Charlie has learned how to climb. She climbs in and out of one of the little rocking chairs in our family room on a regular basis. What she hasn't mastered is leaning forward in them without doing a face plant onto the floor.

This would be the fat lip part of the day. She fell face first out of the rocking chair today busting her top lip and tearing that little skin thingy that holds the upper lip to the gums. There was a lot of crying, a fair amount of blood and WHOLE lotta fat lip.

fat lip 1

fat lip 2

...and a fairly pitiful look...

fat lip 3

fat lip 4

I still think she's pretty doggone cute ~ fat lip and all!

Then poor Charlotte's day didn't get any better. She started running a fever around 5 pm and by 9pm she had a nice little fever going. And then came some vomiting. On me.

Oh yes, my friends, that is one way to curb your appetite. It was so bad the dog didn't even like it. Are y'all profusely gagging now? Good. Now we're even.

Time for me to go line the bed with beach towels and find the bucket to keep handy. Good times, friends. Good times.

Good night, y'all. Everyone sleep well!

2 comments:

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Sorry about your terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

Poor, poor Charlie. I hope that you all escape from the crud... yuck.

Today... maybe it will be better?? I'll cross my fingers and my toes for ya.

-Andrea

Jill said...

Poor little Charlie, and poor little mama. Hope you all feel better soon. And you're right, even with a fat lip she is adorable!