Friday, October 23, 2009

Day 4 ~ What a DIFFERENCE a Day Makes!!

Oh. My Word. Y'all.

I cannot even begin to tell you how incredibly different I feel today! It is absolutely amazing! All along people told me (and the program did, too!) that the first 3 days were incredibly difficult and once you could get past those first days then you would feel totally different.

They. Were. Right.

I have had NO headaches today and the cravings have decreased SIGNIFICANTLY! I just can't believe it. Monk agreed with me and said he felt really great, too! I even went to the grocery store today, yet once again to buy MORE vegetables, and it didn't bother me a bit. I actually found myself wanting a spinach salad of all things!

If someone had told me the difference between Day 3 and Day 4 would have been this great, I never would have believed them. It's been very interesting to witness these things first hand. It's almost as if I were a 'junky' trying to come clean. I truly believe my body was in withdrawal from all of the caffeine and sugar.

And the best part about these last four days?

I went to get dressed this morning and I only had one pair of clean jeans. I wore this particular pair of jeans last week and they were a little ... um .... snug. As in, I had to go old school and do a few squats to be able to wear them. Well this morning I pulled them out of the closet and lo, and behold, guess what?

They zipped right up ... and WITH NO SQUATTING!!! They didn't even feel tight!

To say I squealed with delight would be a severe understatement. I might have even done a little jig and quite possibly whooped a time or two!!

Don't get me wrong, it's still hard. I still have cravings and moments where I think I can't do this another second. But if today is any indication of how the next few days will go ... then I think I can make it. And I really want to make it. Remember? I don't like quitting.

I'm also learning some new things to cook and that would be my Tip #3 for this cleanse.

~ Have meal ideas prepared before you start the cleanse. Talk to people, get ideas. Then make a grocery list and buy at least a few things more than what you think you will need. Trust me, you will eat it! Let me just say that Portabella mushrooms make a great meat substitution!

Today's fare included some stir fried veggies and they were yummy!! Monk even said he could eat them ever day! Well isn't that the point of this whole thing? To change our tastes and habits? Score for me us!

Cleanse Day 4-1

And some more for dinner along with some brown rice and a little fresh cod for me!

Cleanse Day 4-3

(And can I just say that my dinnerware is SO 1990's! Ewwww. I've been looking for new stuff for a while, but I just don't know what to go with. Something simple yet classy ... but kidproof. Yeah. That's why I haven't found anything yet. ::sigh:: Any ideas?)

So I'm taking the weekend off from blogging about my little 'cleanse' ( I really hate that word), but I'll be back Monday to fill you in on all my new, clean, veggie ways!!

1 comment:

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

High five on the jeans!!

I am so glad that you are feeling radically better. What a victory!

-Andrea