Sunday, May 31, 2009

Life With An Almost Two Year Old

Hope will be two in July. Being the overachiever that she is (she IS Monk's child, after all) she has decided to get a jump on her two year old behavior early.

There's this...

Hope_0054


...and 2 seconds later, there's this...

Hope_0053

I'm telling you, this one could have given Sally Field a run for her money in the movie, Sybil. Can we say multiple personalities, everyone?

Apparently, it is a crime to take a picture of your almost two year old while she eats. Or at least in her book it is.

Some other observations of these particular pictures would be:

1. Yes, she is eating a Totino's Pizza Roll. Yes, it's unhealthy. It was also easier to pick it up while I was at Target as opposed to coming home and trying to make homemade dough, adding my own toppings and baking for 12 - 15 minutes. Thank-you Mr. Totino. You understand a tired momma's plight. And you're cheap to boot.

2. That is not a booger or pizza roll under Hope's nose. It is, in fact, a scab from where she fell down the other day. If you will notice, there is also a small bruise on her cheek as well. That would be from where she fell down the other day, too. A different day. She falls down every day so frankly they all seem to blur together now. Our days consist of fall down....cry.....fall down....cry....fall down....cry. You get the picture. That is unless, she decides to cry over me taking pictures of her eating her pizza rolls.

3. Did you notice her new haircut? Her significantly shorter haircut? That would because I took her to Pro-Cuts (or as I'm convinced...Pro-HACKS!) and the lady there completely wrecked her hair. I'm talking one side was about and inch shorter than the other side! People keep asking me why I left with it like that and the short answer is simply this: I don't speak Vietnamese and I feel it's safe to say that I wasn't going to communicate our particular issue effectively when a language barrier was involved! That and I wanted to beat her about the head.

In my desperation I called Marinell (the Hair Genius) and while she doesn't usually do children's hair, she made an exception for me. I'm convinced it's because she loves me. Anyway, she took the Hack Job and turned it into a really cute little pixie bob. When a particular little girl is not quite so emotional, I hope to take a better picture to show y'all. Which pretty much means...never.

And Charlotte? Well, she just pretty much sits there and smiles and coos while Hope throws herself on the ground and screams.

Somewhere in the back of her little 6 month old brain though, I bet she's taking notes.

I'm sure of it.

8 comments:

Becky said...

Wow, that is just about exactly what my mom calls Pro-Cuts, They did a disaster job on her hair one time. I mean, my dad, who never even notices haircuts told her to go put on a hat when she got home. So it must be universal of Pro Cuts, because this was YEARS ago, in Oklahoma...we still won't go to pro cuts.
Also, my son will be 2 in July, but he is still a good little boy, without many fits. Don't hate me.

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Eliza has a matching scab... I hate that it looks like a boogie :)

Does life with children get better?? Or easier?? Lie to me...

-Andrea

Jes said...

I can't believe Hope is almost two. I started reading your blog when she was first born! She looks adorable with that hair cut!

Oh, and if it makes you feel better about feeding your kids pizza bites... My almost 3 year old ate a completely frozen one the other day...

Angela said...

Dang, she acts JUST like her Daddy did at her age. Ya know Mom's lovin' it. What is they say about paybacks?

Jason and Vanessa said...

Her hair is so cute!

Reese Family said...

LOVE her hair! It is so adorable! Do you think Marinell would make an exception for a friend of yours? :) As usual, you had me crackin up with those pictures. I know how overly emotional a 2 yr old little girl can be! Drama!

Christine said...

Her hair is really darling. These little girls seem to be really emotional from the get go.Whew! I am fearing those teen years....let me tellya! How does one survive?!?

holynickel said...

ummm...two year olds? I thought it was just girls!!! I mean I know I get that way..ehehhehehehehhe and so does my daughter. I have decided four year olds are just double twos and it is awful.