Honestly, not too much blog-worthy news has been happening in these here parts lately. Unless, of course, y'all would really like a whole post devoted to Charlotte's new habit of biting me while she nurses. I think it's fair to say that I might title it something like:
YEEEOOUUCH!!!! or #%&*#*$@*!!!
Oh, I kid on that last one. Mostly.
Anyway, I'll tell you a little bit of what's been going on in my little pea brain and that might explain why I've been a little Out 'o The Loop lately. In bullet fashion, of course!
- Schooling decisions have weighed heavily on me lately and have consumed my emotional tank for the better part of 3 weeks. I'm just not sure that in this juncture in my life that I am best suited for homeschooling. In other words ~ my nerves are shot! So. The decision has been made for Olivia to homeschool (1st grade work is not that difficult) and Grace will go to a local private school. Maddie will be homeschooling, but most of it will be through a homeschool enrichment program and independent studies. I may devote an entire post to this later, but for now I simply don't have the emotional energy to do so.
- My photography business is not very busy at the moment...as in...almost nothing. And I think I'm okay with that at the moment. BUT there are lots of decisions to be made concerning that as well. I'm not the most technologically advanced person on the block and some of the computer related stuff involved just frustrates the living daylights out of me. It has been very hard to find learning resources for me ~ as in, actual physical human beings~ that would actually teach me some things. This frustrates me to no end.
- Along those same lines, I've been debating about hiring someone to design a photography blog (mostly so I can quit fighting with blogger myself!!) for me and closing up Monk'swife altogether. I would still be here, but everything would be on the photography blog. I would still tell stories and updates, etc (oh wait, that would be if I ever, you know, actually wrote on the blog!)..., but there would also be photography related stuff on there as well. Because y'all, I really hate having two blogs. It's not fun. AT. ALL.
- My roots are showing and this makes me especially grouchy. I need a color and highlights in the most awful of ways, but there's this little thing called....M-O-N-E-Y that has been rather scarce around here lately. That would be because of broken water pipes, birthdays, broken air conditioners and the impending tuition that is coming upon us. I have come to realize that my hair related issues may be on the brink of total disaster. It's a sad, sad day in Monkville.
- Harley the Beast will be finding a new home shortly. I think. I put him on Craig's List and had several people interested in him. The first family, who would have been perfect, fell through. I'm still waiting to hear from the second guy. The emotional toll this dog alone has taken on my life has been just short of mind bending. He's not a bad dog per se, just high maintenance. And OH. THE. HAIR. this dog produces!!! I absolutely cannot wait to be free of this hair producing machine!
- And lastly, I've just been in a funk. A depressing funk. When I'm in these sorts of funks I either write a LOT or I don't write at all. I bet y'all can guess which one I'm in, huh?
So, anybody have any opinions about any of this? Anybody totally ticked that I want to shut down this blog and combine it into one big one? Anybody want a post on the Booby Biting Baby?