Thursday, July 30, 2009

Tender Moments ~ Monk Style

Yesterday afternoon was a bad day for me. I'll admit...I was a grouch. I was irritated over lots of things and I just didn't want to deal with anyone.

So. I went into my bedroom with Charlotte and locked the door. Oh yes, I did. I needed to think quietly and I also didn't want to spew my venom on anyone else. In other words, I gave myself a timeout.

I knew Hope was having a hard time as it grew closer to bed time. Madgirl bathed her for me and put jammies on her. I heard her get upset over something random and Maddie finally brought her to my door. I relenquished my solitude and let her bring Hope into me.

Maddie left and I held Hope, laying across my lap. I looked down at her and smiled. She smiled back through that silly pacifier. I leaned forward, close to her face and I looked deep into those hazel green, tear stained eyes and my heart just burst with love for this child! And so I started this conversation:

Me: Hope?

Her: Hmm?

Me: Mommy loves you so much.

Her: (something muffled from underneath her pacifier)

I thought I heard what she said, but wasn't sure. So I said,

Me: What?

Her: Booger.

Me: What?

Her: Booger.

Me: Mommy has a booger?

Her: Mmm hmmm.

Me: Thank you, Hope.

Her: Welcome.

And there you have it friends. Another conclusion to .... Tender Moments ~ Monk Style.

6 comments:

Jill said...

Don't you love those moments when you think, "Ahhh, this is a moment I will be able to write in my journal or her baby book and remember forever?" And then she says something so adorable as that? LOL! Well, at least she told you while you were in time-out instead of.....at dinner with a whole group of people! Fun stuff! Love this blog!

Elisabeth Carol said...

Hahahaha! Leave it to Hope!

mamawest said...

No photo?!

Jennifer said...

Oh that is priceless! So funny. Thanks for the good laugh!! :)

Katie said...

Too funny!

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

I tell ya, even when you're talking about a horrible no good very bad afternoon, you STILL make me laugh!

Hope today was much, much better :)

-Andrea