Sunday, July 12, 2009

Blessed and Bouncy

I SO love Facebook.

I know there's a lot of people who think it's a waste of time and trust me, it can be a BIG time waster. BUT...

(Everything before the BUT[t] is bologna!!)

... the fact that I have reconnected with SO many old friends has just made it priceless! It has opened up a whole new world for me and I LOVE that about it. I also love that I'm friends with some of you! How cool is it that I'm friends with people I've never met in Real Life! Love. It.

Anyway, a few weeks ago I reconnected with a good friend of mine from years ago. Her son and My Boy were great friends and we lived around the corner from each other. They moved and as circumstances would have it, we lost touch. Facebook reconnected us. How cool is that?

Anyway, one of my friend's Facebook updates mentioned her giving away their trampoline for FREE to anyone that wanted to come pick it up.

Hello?

I was ALL over that one my friends! You have no idea how long and how badly my girls have been wanting a trampoline! F-O-R-E-V-E-R, if that gives you any idea. So, Monk and I headed over to my friend's house (which was only 15 minutes away - pathetic, huh?) to pack up the FREE trampoline. It was SO MUCH FUN to see my friend again!

After loading it up we came home and put the thing together at 8 o'clock at night. We were still sweating bullets if that gives you any idea of how hot it was! Unfortunately, it was too late to jump by the time we got it together. SO. They had to wait until the next evening. (It's too hot during the day and the black bouncing area will literally sear the bottoms of your feet!)

Apparently I should have washed it off before letting the girls bounce! They were filthy! But had SO much fun!

Trampoline_0179

..and a different perspective...

Trampoline0177

You would have never known that this dirty little thing had never been on a trampoline. She owned it.

Trampoline_0232

And if there were ever a picture that could sum Liv up in one shot ~ this one's it...

Trampoline_0205

And Sis? Well. This was about as wild as she got...

Trampoline_0207

Well, that is until I asked her to smile. Then she did this...

Trampoline_0262

Oh, yes. Blessed and bouncy. That's us.

Now let's see how long before I have a post titled Our Trip to the Emergency Room.

4 comments:

mindi said...

Great pics! Hey, look me up on facebook - I'm the one in Indianapolis, IN network!

Christine said...

What terrific pics, Michelle! ;)

Angela said...

Five bucks says Liv will be the first...

Jill said...

Too cute! I want to get one for my boys too, but haven't figured out how to avoid the whole "neighbor kids" thing. I hate to be the mean old neighbor lady, but it is too easy to get sued these days. Anyway, so glad you all got one! Hope the girls NEVER have to go to the ER!