Monday, November 14, 2005

Organization...and the lack thereof Part I

Organize: To put together into an orderly, functional, structured, whole. The American Heritage Dictionary

I see the definition, I understand the definition, I just can't seem to accomplish the definition. Being organizationally challenged is no cup of tea. I don't like the chaos surrounding it and I certainly don't like the looks of it. Now for those of you organized extraordinaires out there, please stop sucking all of the oxygen out of your homes in disgust. I didn't say we lived like swine. All I'm saying is that I'm challenged in this area.

My home stays picked up for the most part. Nothing is filthy or a health department violation. All I'm saying is I need some help in this area. There is alot of room for improvement. It's not so much that I have alot of stuff to get rid of, it's more of trying to get the things I do have organized.

Okay, I admit it...I have no routines. I'm a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kinda gal. It makes for a great time in a pinch and at a party (like I attend SOOO many parties), but can be rather troublesome for the day-to-day homemaking duties. I can hear all you O.O.F's (Overly Organized Females) out there asking yourselves, "if she recognizes the problem, why can't she fix it?". Easier said than done ladies. I've tried the programs (Flylady), I've bought the books...I just can't get it. Face it...I'm an organizational nincompoop!

Does this mean that I just give up and decide that this is how I am and forget it? Is this how God made me unique? How about, I'm just a "creative mind"? Uh...hello? NO! Our God is a God of order. Our first example was Creation. Creation was a deliberate, ordered act of God. I really can't put up an arguement after the first chapter of Genesis! I have no ground on which to stand! lol!

So, what's a Proverbs 31 wannabe to do? I'm really not sure at this point other that try again tomorrow. Thank goodness for God's mercies! ...to be continued

No comments: