Monday, January 02, 2006

Ringing in the New Year

Happy New Year everyone! I can officially say that I haven't blogged since last year! Don't you hate it when people go around saying they haven't done this or that since last year? Nah, me neither. It is actually a game of sorts around CastleMonk.

Honestly, I can say that I have been sick since last year. Not fun. I considered going to the dr. Friday and couldn't get an appointment. I considered going to the after-hours clinic Saturday and decided I could wait until Monday. Well, guess what? All dr.'s offices are closed today for the New Year! ACK! Don't they realize there are sick people in blogdom who need to get well?!

I am sorely regretting that I didn't make an attempt to go on Saturday because for the most part, I've been on my back since Saturday night. The Mad Monk is referring to my cough as a seal bark. He is also asking me when I plan to cough up my other lung. He is trying to persuade me into going to the urgent care clinic, but I refuse because I don't want to spend that kind of money. Probably not the smartest time to become a tightwad I know. I just keep telling myself that the dr. will be open tomorrow.

The biggest disappointment to me in being sick is that I didn't get to attend Worship services again yesterday. I say again because it marks the 3rd Sunday in a row that I haven't been in the Worship service. The first time was when we were at church and the miniest-Monk began to throw-up so we had to leave. Then on Christmas day I had to stay home because another mini-Monk had been vomiting as well. And now....me.

To some extent it feels like a spiritual drought. I haven't heard the Word preached and I am missing it. I also miss the music and the fellowship with dear friends. I understand now why in Hebrews we are instructed not to forsake not the assembling of ourselves together. We need the Word, we need the fellowship, but more importantly we need to worship God and bring glory to Him.

For whatever reason CastleMonk seems to be going through and extended period of illness. It is my hope and prayer that even though I want God to bring it to a close, I want more to remain faithful to Him and bring Him the glory despite the "drought".

May that be our desire for all of 2006! Happy New Year!

No comments: