Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Delirious

It is 1:22 a.m. and I am blogging. Why, you ask? Because I went to the dr. today and I do in fact have bronchitis. Yuck! I'm also hacking my brains out and can't sleep. This is where the delirium comes into play.

I haven't slept well in days. I've been pretty jovial through the whole ordeal. However, my sleep -deprivation-sense-of-humor power packs are depleting fast. No longer will I find The Mad Monk's "so why don't ya cough up the other lung, honey" comments funny anymore. The mockery I've received from my children concerning the fact that I have no voice and when I do I sound like a bonified, two pack a day, life-long smoker, will no longer be nearly as amusing as it was days ago. Even the elfish pharmacy clerk at Wal-Gr**n's sniggered at my hoarseness today. Shame, shame to you all! As the old saying goes: If Momma ain't happy; ain't nobody happy. That's me. Beware.

It also doesn't help that Texas is breaking record highs for this time of year and we had a high of 84 today!! Sweating and coughing are two things that do not work simultaneously. The Mad Monk has yet to be convinced of my pleas to move North. I have decided that tomorrow I will make my own "North" and crank up the AC so we can wear the sweaters and sweatshirts we all received for Christmas.

I wish I had Amy's attitude concerning this particular illness. And she's expecting! I would love to be expecting -- just not with bronchitis. I'm a wimp, I know. I'm rambling and digressing so much now that I'm not even following my own post. I bid you all adieu and good-night.

Pro 21:9 It is better to dwell in a corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman in a wide house.

Does this verse apply to a woman suffering from cold-enhanced-sleep-deprivation-delirium?

No comments: