Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Anniversaries

Today is mine and The Mad Monk's wedding anniversary. It has been eight wonderful, glorious years since we vowed before God, our families as our witness, to love, honor, cherish and all the other promises one's wedding should contain.

I can truly say that I am married to my best friend. My soulmate. I know, I know....some of you are muttering to yourselves "soulmate schmoulmate," right? Well, let the record know that I absolutely believe in having a soulmate. A soulmate is that one person that God created just for you! Long before I was ever conceived God knew The Mad Monk was the man for me! Some people would find that frightening! I know that God knew our kindred, yet bizarre, personalities were meant for one another. Now some people are really frightened! Yet here we are....happy as bugs! Uh...I guess bugs are happy. I know we are. :)

Happy Anniversary honey!

There is also another anniversary today. One year ago today our 3 year old (then only two) LiverPie nearly cut her right, index finger completely off. It was one those very scary parenting moments. Her finger was accidentally slammed in a door by our then 5 year old sweet dd. As The Mad Monk described it to friends and family ..."the tip of her finger was like a Pez dispenser"....you can imagine the hand motions he was making if you've ever seen a Pez dispenser function!! It was quite the traumatic experience for everyone. That sweet, little finger held 12 stitches that day! Thankfully, God healed our little sweetie and she is using her finger all the time now. It is usually found conveniently up her sweet, little nose.

So Happy June 27th! We now have two reasons to be thankful today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michelle,

Happy Anniversary!!! I enjoy your blog. You can go to mine and let me know what you think. We missed you Sunday.

Love in Christ, Rosa

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MissionaryWife