Saturday, March 11, 2006

Topsy Turvy

Do you ever have one of those times in your life where everything seems to be going crazy? This is one of those times.

I am writing this post from the Volunteer state. Any guesses? Yep, I am in the hills of Tennessee. I've been here since Wednesday evening. The three girlies and I jumped in the car at 4:30 am and headed for the hills. It only took 14 hours to get here with multiple stops, so I didn't think we did too bad. The Mad Monk and 14yo Monkey boy are at home hanging out, enjoying the hormone-free environment.

I knew I was taking this trip only 4 days before I left, so I had to plan some things for the guys to eat in my absence. I have never been more embarassed at the check-out line in the grocery store in my life. Frozen pizzas, chicken wings, burritos, corndogs and of course I had a few chips and snacks for our little road trip as well. I was trying to explain to the cashier WHY I was buying all this "garbage", like I had to justify myself or something. I'm not even sure she understood English, but if she did I don't think she believed me anyway.

Why the trip? My mom and my uncle live together to help each other out. My uncle has become ill and can hardly walk, so my borderline diabetic, heart patient, 70 yo mother has been his caretaker. I came down to help around the house a little. They live on 2 acres and needless to say, they needed the help. They will be moving to Texas in the next few months so they can be closer to me and one of my sisters, but for the time being we have to get their place cleaned up and ready to sell.

Anyway, that would explain my lack of blogging lately and I plan on trying to do some from here. It really is beautiful and my citified girlies are having a ball!

p.s. I'm gonna go crazy because there's not a Reformed church less than an hour away!

No comments: