Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Your Civic Duty

Ahem. (stepping onto my soapbox)

Did you all perform your civic duty today? Hmm? Do you all know what I'm talking about?

Voting, of course.

If you voted then good for you! If you didn't...well...tsk, tsk, tsk. Shame on you! Do you not realize that voting is a privilege? Something for which many countries are at war! We should run at the chance to cast our ballot, to make our choice! WE get to decide.

Since it is 10:30 pm I realize it is too late for all of you who didn't vote to vote this time. You know who you are. However, heed my words...we will lose this country to immorality and complacency if we (Christians) do not perform our civic duties! I'm not trying to be fatalistic just realistic.

If nothing else, let me inspire all of you non-voting Americans (sounds quite oxymoronic, doesn't it?) to make it a priority to get out at the next opportunity to vote and make a difference.

It's not hard! (cheers and applauding) Let's get out there and vote! (more cheers) Let's make a difference! (huge standing ovation accompanied by balloons falling from the sky!)

Thank-you. (stepping down from my soapbox to go take my codeine laced cough medicine.)

No comments: